Sunday, September 11, 2011

Emmy Predictions: Best Variety Series

Will Win - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
Should Win - The Colbert Report
Could Win - Late Night With Jimmy Fallon, Colbert

Commentary - Is this the year that Colbert finally knocks off his friend and colleague Jon Stewart? While I enjoy Stewart, I would like to see some love finally start to spread around, and I think Colbert is the obvious successor, although Jimmy Fallon is getting a lot of positive buzz. I think I would throw my remote at the TV if Fallon won, simply because he has the worst comedic timing of any major comedian working today (ok probably not, but I'm not a big fan). All that being said though, I really think any extended discussion on this category is moot. Until someone proves they can beat Stewart, I will continue to predict him.

No comments:

Post a Comment