Saturday, September 14, 2013

Woody Allen to Receive the Cecille B. DeMille Award

I was so thrilled when I heard that Woody Allen was going to receive the Cecille B. DeMille at this year's Golden Globes. He has won a bunch of Oscars and Golden Globes, and is a legend in the buisness, and one of the greatest directors of all time, period. But I was also kind of surprised that he was picked. He has become infamous for not showing up at awards ceremonies. He only showed up at the Oscars in 2002 to honor his beloved New York in the aftermath of 9/11. So I really hope he does show up to accept this because otherwise, while it is deserving, it is going to be a wash. The rumor is that HFPA has confirmed his presence, but it is a long time between now and January, so I would'nt put money on it yet. Congrats Woody, and even if you don't show up, at least we get to honor you will a well-deserved recognition.

No comments:

Post a Comment