Monday, September 9, 2013

2013 Emmy Predictions: Best Guest Actor in a Drama Series

Will Win - Dan Bucatinsky "Scandal"

Should Win - Michael J. Fox "The Good Wife"

Could Win - Michael J. Fox "The Good Wife" or Rupert Friend "Homeland"

Commentary - I think that this is a three way race with no clear frontrunner. None of these episodes submitted were really that great, which could help a television legend like Michael J. Fox, who has never managed to win for The Good Wife take the prize. But if I were picking based on tapes it would be between Dan Bucatinsky and Rupert Friend. Friend is probably the better performance, but he doesn't have a lot of screen time to work with. I think that Jeff Perry is the better of the pair, but Bucatinsky is the nominee, and while his tape is a bit over the top, it is these theatrics that we know that Emmy voters like. I think that this race could go either way, but I think that Bucatinsky will surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment