Monday, June 3, 2013

2013 Daytime Emmy Award Predictions: Morning Show/Game Show

Best Morning Show
Will Win - Good Morning America

Could Win/Should Win - CBS Sunday Morning

Commentary - My favorite morning show used to be Today, but after their treatment of Ann Curry, and now the drama regarding Matt Lauer, I have been a little more reluctant to contribute to their ratings. So if I had a vote it would go to CBS Sunday Morning, which thanks to the always excellent Charles Osgood is always a fun part of my weekend. But in the end, I think that Good Morning America, which has probably benefitted from Today's drama, will take the prize. Of particular interest to voters, and rightfully so, was the ongoing battle and incredible story of the wonderful Robin Roberts. Not only did it make good TV, but it tugged the hearts of all who were battling right alongside her. Furthermore, there was also a noticeable increase in quality, which will help Good Morning America take the prize.
Best Lifestyle Show
Will Win - Martha Stewart Show

Could Win - Hooked Up with Tom Colicchio, Home and Family, or My Generation

Should Win - This Old House

Commentary - I'm honestly kind of stumped about this one, and really don't know how the voters are going to go with this one. Hooked Up and Home and Family are first time nominees, and My Generation has yet to win the award. So I am playing it safe by picking an old Emmy favorite that won this category in 2010 and 2011. Plus she's Martha Stewart, the most recognizable name on the ballot. Sometimes that really plays in people's favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment