Wednesday, June 19, 2013

RIP James Gandolfini

I cannot even believe that I am typing these words, the shock is real. According to various reports, while in Italy, the three-time Emmy award winner, James Gandolfini has died of a heart attack at the age of 51. This is incredibly sad news. Most people know him for Tony Soprano, one of the greatest television characters ever created, and rightfully so. But he had also made a name for himself in a film career that was slowly but surely rising. It is just so hard to believe that this mega-talent is no longer with us. We will always remember his incredible roles and his wonderful characters, and will forever watch The Sopranos, of course now with a heavy heart, and we will never forget this artist. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends. Rest in Peace old friend.

2 comments:

  1. I was shocked too. I had to check in more websites just to make sure that it was true. Other than Martin Sheen in West Wing, he had made one of the best performances ever on television.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the same thing, just to make sure it wasn't some cruel hoax. When CNN reported, I figured it was real. So sad, and Amen on the final part, definitely two of the best.

    ReplyDelete