Friday, August 30, 2013

2013 Emmy Predictions: Best Supporting Actor in a TV Movie/Miniseries

Will Win - Peter Mullan "Top of the Lake"

Could Win/Should Win - James Cromwell or Zachary Quinto  "American Horror Story: Asylum"

Commentary - I assumed this whole year that James Cromwell would win an Emmy for American Horror Story, and I am still convinced that it could happen. But I also think that it would be a real shocker if AHS won three acting awards, despite its obvious popularity, and I think that while Cromwell's tape is great, so is his co-star's Zachary Quinto, and I could see a lot of vote splitting occur among that particular panel leading to a dark horse victory from Top of the Lake's Peter Mullan. He is fantastic in a series that was popular among the Academy this year, and it could end up being the one major award that the series wins. I also think that an acting panel will see his performance as a standout, without the internal competition from his American Horror Story competitors.

2 comments:

  1. I still think it's either Cromwell or Quinto that will take this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You there, this is really good post here. Thanks for taking the time to post such valuable information. Quality content is what always gets the visitors coming. Best Percolator Bong

    ReplyDelete