Sunday, August 25, 2013

2013 Emmy Predictions: Best Reality Host

Will Win - Tom Bergeron "Dancing With the Stars"

Could Win - Ryan Seacrest "American Idol" or Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn "Project Runway"

Should Win - Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn "Project Runway"

Commentary - I am not sure why all the fascination with Tom Bergeron, other than the fact that he has an old-school hosting style that appeals to the older members of the Academy (aka the majority of the Television Academy). But whether I get it or not, after his win last year, he enters this race as the odds-on favorite. As well know, the Variety and Reality categories do not have an incredible amount of turnover. I think that Ryan Seacrest could finally win this year. While American Idol has certaintly dipped in quality and ratings, but he, like Bergeron, has that old school flavor of hosting, and could beat Bergeron. But if I were voting, it would be for Klum and Gunn, particularly for Gunn who is just wonderful on Project Runway. I also think that their combined screentime makes them an interesting and possible dark horse, although I think it may be wishful thinking on my part.

1 comment:

  1. Because Bergeron is awesome! That's why. lol

    Yeah I think that he could be the next Jeff Probst, unless they pull off a surprise on us, or as I call it "pull a Jon Cryer".

    ReplyDelete