Thursday, September 20, 2012

2012 Emmy Predictions: Comedy Series

Will Win - Modern Family
Could Win - Girls or Curb Your Enthusiasm
Should Win - Big Bang, Modern Family, or a few not nominated (Parks & Rec and Louie come to mind)
Commentary - While I think that Modern Family is starting to show some Emmy age in its third season, I still think that it is pretty much a lock to win a third. Next year, however, may be a different story. Girls is the new hot show, but it is pretty much all about Lena Dunham, and I think it will have to wait its turn. And Curb has been nominated so many times over the years and has only won two Emmy awards, period. While I think its episodes are the funniest of the bunch, I don't think it can pull it off this late in the game. So it is Modern Family for the win!

2 comments:

  1. My personal favourite comedy didn't even get nominated, but out of the shows that did get nominated, I would go with either Big Bang or Curb, but of course the world doesn't work that way, because Modern Family will obviously win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You Know I have been rewatching certain seasons as we head into the Emmys, and after viewing both Big Bang Season 5 and Modern Family Season 3, I actually think that BB had a better season, probably its best yet. But like you said, the world doesn't work like it's supposed to.

    ReplyDelete