Friday, September 11, 2009

A Look at: Guest Actress in a Drama Series

I personally thought Sharon Lawrence was fantastic in Grey’s Anatomy as Izzie’s mom, and brought some much needed comedy to a very serious situation. But unfortunately she is simply out-powered by her more legendary fellow nominees.

Speaking of legends, Carol Burnett is one of the best, but I feel this year she was simply a big name that could act as a nice placeholder, and really not much else.

Ellen Burstyn and Brenda Blethyn are both really good in Law and Order: SVU. The only problem I see for them is a potential vote split. Or that people can’t choose between the two, and end up voting for someone else to just end the feud. I like Blethyn had the baitier role, so if one of them can cancel out the other, I figure it will be her.

I am going out on a limb, and if the SVU gals cancel each other out, I think the victor will be CCH Pounder. She got one measly nomination for her role on The Shield, and is WAY overdue for some recognition. Although The Shield got the shaft in terms of nominations, people will be looking at her performance there as well as on The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency, and will give her the recognition she deserves.


No comments:

Post a Comment