Thursday, September 8, 2022

2022 Emmy Predictions: Best Supporting Actor and Supporting Actress in a Drama Series

Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series
Will Win - Oh Young-soo "Squid Game"
Could Win - Culkin or MacFayden, Billy Crudup
Should Win - Kieran Culkin "Succession"
Commentary - Culkin and MacFayden are both so deserving, and I fear that they will split votes, and Crudup is a previous winner, which is intriguing. But I feel like The Morning Show is less popular this year. I also feel like there is another alternative. Squid Game is popular with the actors, and Oh Young-soo won the Globe (I know the Globes are the Globes, but people still pay attention), and I think even with another Squid Game actor, he is the favorite for voters who love this series. I am predicting him to upset.

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series
Will Win - Julia Garner "Ozark"
Could Win - Jung Ho-yeon "Squid Game", Sarah Snook "Succession", or Rhea Seehorn "Better Call Saul"
Should Win - Snook or J. Smith-Cameron "Succession"
Commentary - I bet against Julia Garner last year, and I regretted it. I think she is vulnerable with Seehorn finally getting a nod, the Succession duo rocking this season, and the power of Squid Game. But if anyone can overcome these odds, it is Julia Garner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment