Monday, February 4, 2019

2019 Grammy Predictions: Rap

Best Rap Album
Will Win - Cardi B "Invasion of Privacy"
Could Win - Mac Miller "Swimming"
Should Win - Cardi B "Invasion of Privacy" or Pusha T "Daytona"
Commentary - I'm so happy to see Pusha T get some Grammy love, but this race is between Cardi B and Mac Miller. Cardi B is the breakout of the year, and nominated for Album of the Year. In any other year she would easily take this award. But sentimentality is a hard thing to beat, and Mac Miller's shocking death at such a young age could lead voters to award his posthumously.

Best Rap Performance
Will Win - Kendrick Lamar, Jay Rock, Future and James Blake "King's Dead"
Could Win - Drake "Nice For What"
Should Win - Kendrick Lamar, Jay Rock, Future and James Blake "King's Dead"
Commentary - Kendrick Lamar has become a Grammy darling in recent years, and King's Dead is a fantastic hit with so many talented collaborators. While I think Drake could pull an upset, I think he is going to probably win in song instead.

Best Rap/Sung Performance
Will Win - Childish Gambino "This is America"
Could Win - Kendrick Lamar and SZA "All the Stars" or Post Malone feat. 21 Savage "Rockstar"
Should Win - Kendrick Lamar and SZA "All the Stars" or Childish Gambino "This is America"
Commentary - With three Record of the Year nominees, this category is a tough call. In terms of the spirit of this award, which used to be called Rap/Sung Collaboration, I think All of the Stars should win, and it could. But if This is America is going to win Record of the Year, which most folks are predicting, it is probably going to pick up some wins along the way. Plus, if it does lose record of the year, then this is a nice consolation prize.

Best Rap Song
Will Win - God's Plan
Could Win - King's Dead
Should Win - King's Dead
Commentary - So like I said, I think Drake is winning here. I don't see Grammy voters letting him go empty handed this year, and God's Plan is the only nominee of the bunch nominated for Song of the Year.

2 comments:

  1. HOW I GOT MY EX HUSBAND BACK WITH THE HELP OF DR AGBAKA
    I will forever be indebted to the great Doctor Agbaka for fixing my broken marriage after my husband left me for his mistress for 6 months. I never believed in spells until my friend introduced me to him. At first, I was skeptical about him because I heard a lots about false spell casters but I put my doubts behind me for i was desperate to get my husband back and I did according to what he instructed me to do. Now my husband is back just within 48 hours of contacting him. I'm living happily with my husband again after 6 months of divorce and I will not rest till he's known all over the world. He's also specialize in money spells, lottery spells, sickness curing  E.T.C. Get connected with Doctor Agbaka now, his email is Agbakaspelltemple @ gmail. com or WhatsApp on +2349052647861... 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spell to fix your broken marriage or relationship problem or after a divorce or Breakup,I was recently scam by two of them, until one faithful day i meet a man called Dr Oselumen who help me to get back to the father of my kid after we have been separated for two years,I only pay for the items required for the spell and he cast the spell for me within 24hours my ex husband called me and beg me to forgive him for everything until the end of the world he will never leave me again we are back together.if you need a real and quick love spell or you are passing through pregnancy problem Dr Oselumen is the answer, Pleas e if any body needs. LOVE SPELL,LOTTERY,PREGNANCY SPELL, DIVORCE SPELL,STOP COURT CASE AND WIN ANY COURT PROBLEM,DEATH SPELL,BUSINESS SPELL AND MANY MORE YOU MAY NEED. Email him now for your own help. via email droselumen@gmail.com add him on whatsapp line or call +2348054265852.

    ReplyDelete