Outstanding Writing for a Made For Television Movie or Miniseries
1. Bruce C. McKenna & Robert Schenkkan "The Pacific - Home"
2. Christopher Monger & Merritt Johnson "Temple Grandin"
3. Peter Morgan "The Special Relationship"
4. Michael Christofer "Georgia O'Keefe"
5. Adam Mazer "You Don't Know Jack"
Alternate: Sandy Welch "Emma"
Commentary: The Pacific, Temple Grandin, and You Don't Know Jack are pretty much locks, as is The Special Relationship, with Two0Time Oscar Nominee Peter Morgan most likely making the list simply by name recognition. The last spot is a close race between Georgia O'Keefe and Adam Mazer, but since O'Keefe got the WGA nod, I'm liking its chances.
Outstanding Directing for a Made For Television Movie or Miniseries
1. Bob Balaban "Georgia O'Keefe"
2. Mick Jackson "Temple Grandin"
3. Richard Loncraine "The Special Relationship"
4. Barry Levinson "You Don't Know Jack"
5. David Nutter & Jeremy Podeswa "The Pacific - Iwo Jima"
Alternate: Tim Van Patten "The Pacific - Okinawa"
Commentary: There is a good chance that The Pacific gets more than one nod, but for now, I'm going with the top contenders all getting just the one nod, and including the popular choices of The Special Relationship, Georgia O'Keefe, Temple Grandin, and You Don't Know Jack.