Outstanding Directing for a Comedy Series
1. Ryan Murphy "Glee - Pilot"
2. Jason Winer "Modern Family - Glee"
3. Larry Charles "Curb Your Enthusiasm - The Table Read"
4. Paul Feig "The Office - Niagara"
5. Don Scardino "30 Rock - I Do Do"
Alternates: Joe & Anthony Russo "Community - Pilot", Paris Barclay "Glee - Wheels", Allen Coulter "Nurse Jackie - Pilot", Jeff Schaffer "Curb Your Enthusiasm - Seinfeld"
Commentary: I'm probably stupid for not putting Curb Your Enthusiasm in the final spot, especially considering it was the Seinfeld reunion, but I went with 30 Rock instead, as it is a frontrunner for the top prize. The other four I am pretty certain about, as they seem to be the consensus of most pundits.
Outstanding Writing in a Comedy Series
1. Brad Falchuk, Ian Brennan & Ryan Murphy "Glee - Pilot"
2. Steven Levitan, Christopher Lloyd "Modern Family - Pilot"
3. Matt Hubbard "30 Rock - Anna Howard Shaw Day"
4. Kay Cannon, Tina Fey "30 Rock - Lee Marvin vs. Derek Jeter"
5. Mindy Kaling & Greg Daniels "The Office - Niagara"
Alternates: Paul Corrigan, Brad Walsh "Modern Family - Fitzbo", Liz Brixius, Linda Wallem, Evan Duncksy "Nurse Jackie - Pilot", Dan Harmon "Community - Pilot"
Commentary: I think that the Glee and Modern Family Pilots are safe, as is at least one of the 30 Rock episodes, and I think both as well. The Office has a great shot, but don't count out another Modern Family episode slipping in and taking that spot.