Monday, August 29, 2022

2022 Emmy Predictions: Best Directing and Writing in a Limited Series/TV Movie

Best Directing in a Limited Series/TV Movie
Will Win - Danny Strong "Dopesick - The People vs. Purdue Pharma"
Could Win - Mike White "The White Lotus"
Should Win - Mike White "The White Lotus"
Commentary - I think with the stunning acting nods of The White Lotus, that people think this race is locked up. I would argue that Dopesick is incredibly strong due to its timely portrayal, and it too had an incredible showing at the nominations (I really love both series, so I'm good either way). I think the direction of The White Lotus was remarkable, but I think that voters are going to go to Dopesick in this category. It feels like the stronger directorial achievement, and it has some powerful shots in that episode that are flashier than The White Lotus.

Best Writing in a Limited Series/TV Movie
Will Win - Mike White "The White Lotus"
Could Win - Danny Strong "Dopesick: The People vs. Purdue Pharma"
Should Win - Mike White "The White Lotus"
Commentary - That being said, I do feel like The White Lotus is stronger in writing. It is so clever and subversive, and its mystery really unfolds in a darkly compelling way. I think that the writers will want to reward this unique accomplishment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment