Wednesday, September 11, 2019

2019 Emmy Predictions: Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series

Will Win - Fiona Shaw "Killing Eve"

Should Win - Gwendoline Christie "Game of Thrones"

Could Win - Julia Garner "Ozark", any of the Game Of Thrones actresses

Commentary - Maisie Williams or Gwendoline Christie winning would be wonderful. They are fan favorites, both actually had good story arcs this season (something that cannot be said of other characters). But with Turner and Headey also on the ballot, there is just too much vote splitting. As popular as the show is, I just don't see it rising above a four-way vote split. Most prognosticators have put Julia Garner in instead. I think she could easily win, but I am now leaning more towards Fiona Shaw. She is also nominated for Fleabag, so is clearly popular this year, and I personally think Killing Eve is a bigger contender overall compared to Ozark. It's a close one, but I am predicting a Shaw upset.

No comments:

Post a Comment