Saturday, September 14, 2019

2019 Emmy Predictions: Best Actress in a Comedy Series

Will Win - Julia Louis-Dreyfus "Veep"

Could Win - Phoebe Waller-Bridge "Fleabag" or Rachel Brosnahan "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel"

Should Win - Really any of them

Commentary - This is a three-way race. Or is it? I would not be shocked to see Phoebe Waller-Bridge win. Fleabag has been on meteoric rise in terms of Emmy recognition. But I think she will win writing, and that is what she will be remembered for, instead of the performance. I also think Rachel Brosnahan could repeat. She was on such a winning streak for Mrs. Maisel, including over the winter precursors, that it could continue. But how can I bet against Julia Louis-Dreyfus? She has never lost a Emmy race as Selina Meyer, she had another great season, and this is the last time for voters to recognize this role. I think she makes it a clean sweep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment