Thursday, February 24, 2011

Final Predictions - Foreign Language Film

Nominees
“Biutiful” Mexico
“Dogtooth” Greece
“In a Better World” Denmark
“Incendies” Canada
“Outside the Law (Hors-la-loi)” Algeria

Should Win - Dogtooth
Will Win - In a Better World
Commentary - Dogtooth, in my humble opinion, is the best of the bunch, but it and the Algerian entry Outside the Law will most likely sit on the sidelines come Sunday. For me this is a three way race. I feel that the Canadian hit Incendies could get some votes, and could be a dark horse contender. Biutiful is probably the most popular of the films considering its director (Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu), and its star Javier Bardem, who scored an Oscar nod for his role. While Bardem is getting praise, the film itself is not getting the best reviews. I am going with the surprise Golden Globe winner In a Better World, as are most pundits calling this race. However, I feel we all could be thinking too much about this category, and the more obvious choice of Biutiful will end up winning, but since I know very little about this category, I will stick with the majority on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment