Friday, February 18, 2011

Final Predictions - Best Original Song

Nominees
“Coming Home” from “Country Strong” Music and Lyric by Tom Douglas, Troy Verges and Hillary Lindsey
“I See the Light” from “Tangled” Music by Alan Menken Lyric by Glenn Slater
“If I Rise” from “127 Hours” Music by A.R. Rahman Lyric by Dido and Rollo Armstrong
“We Belong Together” from “Toy Story 3" Music and Lyric by Randy Newman

Should Win/Will Win - "We Belong Together" from Toy Story 3

Commentary - Before I make my final final predictions on Sunday afternoon, this one may change. Part of me thinks its a dumb idea to pick one of the Disney songs, pitting two previous Academy Award winning legends against each other. Despite that, I am going with good old Randy Newman. Maybe it's because I love Toy Story 3 so much, or maybe it's because it is simply the best song of the bunch, but either way I'm going with it. If I Rise and I See the Light feature two previous winners and could easily upset come Oscar Sunday. Like I said, check back next Sunday to see if this one has changed, as it possibly could. For now, I am going with my gut.

No comments:

Post a Comment