Saturday, February 26, 2011

Final Predictions - Best Actress

Nominees
Annette Bening in “The Kids Are All Right”
Nicole Kidman in “Rabbit Hole”
Jennifer Lawrence in “Winter's Bone”
Natalie Portman in “Black Swan”
Michelle Williams in “Blue Valentine”

Should Win - Annette Bening "The Kids Are All Right"
Will Win - Natalie Portman "Black Swan"
 
Commentary - I was thrilled at the nominations of Nicole Kidman and Michelle Williams, but I know that they are going to have to wait for another year. Jennifer Lawrence could be a spoiler, but my guess is that many members of the Academy will say that she is not "due" yet. So it comes down to the same two women that it has been about all year. From day one it was Bening v. Portman, and during the long, stressful season, these incredible actresses managed to keep their buzz all the way up till the very end. I still think that Annette Bening should win the Oscar, and if enough people vote with their hearts, she could pull off an upset. However, I think that Portman has too many important precursors under her belt, and despite her annoying "he wanted to sleep with me" speeches, I think she will take home Oscar gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment