Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Grammy Predictions: Country

So I crapped out and didn't really give the Grammy coverage I was planning on doing, but this year's Oscar season has been red hot and has monopolized my time. So everyday I'm going to post some predictions for each major genre category. Today I tackle the Country awards.

Best Female Country Vocal Performance

Should Win: Carrie Underwood "Just a Dream"
Will Win: Taylor Swift "White Horse"
Commentary: I understand Taylor Swift's popularity and she really is a talented artist, and will win this award. For me though, Carrie Underwood's vocals are far superior, and so my pick is going stricktly by the title of the category.

Best Male Country Vocal Performance

Should Win: I don't really care
Will Win: Keith Urban "Sweet Thing"
Commentary: I'm not really a huge Country music fan, but Keith Urban has won this award a couple years now, I guess it could just as easily be George Strait.

Best Country Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocals

Should Win: Lady Antebellum "I Run to You"
Will Win: Zac Brown Band "Chicken Fried"
Commentary: "Chicken Fried" was a big song, and ZBB has had a great year, I think good enough to knock Sugarland out.

Best Country Collaboration With Vocals

Should Win: Dierks Bentley and Patty Griffin "Beautiful World"
Will Win: Brad Paisley and Keith Urban "Start A Band"
Commentary: Because I simply have no idea, and this sounds like the big name act that wins these types of awards.

Best Country Album/Song

Taylor Swift. It is her year, and in my opinion there really is no other reason to explain.

No comments:

Post a Comment