Thursday, November 19, 2009

Documentary Short List

It seems this year the Academy was trying to pick movies no one has seen? Ok that's not entirely true, but the biggest docs of the year in terms of popularity such as This Is It...(not eligible I think), Anvil! The Story of Anvil, Capitalism: A Love Story, Earth, and Good Hair, were all excluded, to my dismay. Given this list I'd say its a showdown between The Cove and Food, Inc., but hey what do I know? This category has always confused me

The Beaches of Agnes
Burma VJ
The Cove
Every Little Step
Facing Ali
Food, Inc.
Garbage Dreams
Living in Emergency: Stories of Doctors Without Borders
The Most Dangerous Man in America: Daniel Ellsberg and the Pentagon Papers
Mugabe and the White African
Sergio
Soundtrack for a Revolution
Under Our Skin
Valentino The Last Emperor
Which Way Home

No comments:

Post a Comment