Monday, August 31, 2020

2020 Emmy Predictions: Best Actor and Actress in a TV Movie/Limited Series

Best Actor in a TV Movie/Limited Series
Will Win - Hugh Jackman "Bad Education"
Could Win - Paul Mescal "Normal People", Jeremy Irons "Watchmen", Mark Ruffalo "I Know This Much is True" 
Should Win - Mark Ruffalo "I Know This Much is True"
Commentary - I would love to see Ruffalo win for his dynamic dual performance in I Know This Much is True. He could, but that show got so little attention across the board. A lot of folks are picking Paul Mescal, which would be awesome, but Normal People, which got some key nods missed out on the series nomination. That leaves Hugh Jackman, whose Bad Education was nominated in TV Movie and Jeremy Irons, who is in the leading series Watchmen. Irons could win based on his name and the show's popularity. But I am going with Hugh Jackman. Its an odd race that could see anyone's name called (I would not even be surprised if Jeremy Pope win), but I am sticking with Jackman. 

Best Actress in a TV Movie/Limited Series
Will Win - Regina King "Watchmen"
Could Win - Cate Blanchett "Mrs. America" or Kerry Washington "Little Fires Everywhere"
Should Win - Regina King "Watchmen"
Commentary - A couple of months ago, this was a dead heat race between Cate Blanchett and Regina King. Even then I was leaning towards King. Blanchett is an Oscar-winning movie star who has earned her first Emmy nomination, which usually equals Emmy gold. But Regina King is also an Oscar-winning movie star, that also happens to be a huge favorite with Emmy voters. Then the nominations came out, and it was clear just how popular Watchmen is this year, and it made me feel even better about predicting King to win her fourth Emmy award. 

No comments:

Post a Comment