Wednesday, July 10, 2019

2019 Emmy Nomination Predictions: Best Actor in a Comedy Series

2019 Nomination Predictions
Anthony Anderson "black-ish"
Don Cheadle "Black Monday"
Ted Danson "The Good Place"
Michael Douglas "The Kominsky Method"
Bill Hader "Barry"
Jim Parsons "The Big Bang Theory"

Other Contenders - William H. Macy "Shameless", Jim Carrey "Kidding", Ricky Gervais "After Life", Ramy Youssef "Ramy", Sacha Baron Cohen "Who is America", Eugene Levy "Schitt's Creek", Erik McCormack "Will & Grace"

Commentary - So we know Bill Hader and Michael Douglas are going to be battling it out for the top prize here, with the edge probably going to Hader who won last year. I also think that Ted Danson and Anthony Anderson will return for beloved characters and good seasons. The big one I am leaving out is William H. Macy. I was not planning on leaving him out, then I remembered that he missed a nomination at SAG this year, where he has won three times for Shameless. Also, with all of the drama surrounding his wife and his children with this college scandal, it could scare voters away. Also there is the Donald Glover slot. I am picking Don Cheadle, who managed to get nominated over and over again for House of Lies, even when that show was not well-liked across the board. I am also going out on a limb for Jim Parsons. The finale of The Big Bang Theory was well-received, and Parson's monologue at the end was fantastic and emotional. I know he has been out of this race for a few years, but I think he is going to slip back in for one final time. I also think Jimmy Carrey, Ricky Gervais, Ramy Youssef, Sacha Baron Cohen, Eugene Levy, and Erik McCormack could rise as surprise nominees. 

No comments:

Post a Comment