Wednesday, December 31, 2014

RIP Edward Herrmann

Just one day after losing Luise Rainer, another endearing presence has lost his battle with brain cancer. Of course I am speaking of the incredible Edward Herrmann, one of my favorite character actors on television. He was FDR in one of the best miniseries in the last 30 years, Eleanor and Franklin. He was the beloved Richard Gilmore on Gilmore Girls, one of the best television shows of the last 30 years, and had countless other parts in television and in film including roles on Grey's Anatomy, The Good Wife, The Practice (which earned him his Emmy Award), St. Elsewhere, Nixon, The Lost Boys, and countless other roles. He will be truly missed, and my thoughts and prayers are with his family tonight. And in honor of his legacy, I might just whip out my favorite Gilmore Girls episodes tonight. I hope you all do the same, and remember the work of a hard-working, underrated gem. Rest in peace old friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment