Friday, January 28, 2011

DGA Prediction

So for a refresher, here are the nominees for the Director's Guild of America Awards:

Darren Aronofsky "Black Swan"
David O. Russell "The Fighter"
Christopher Nolan "Inception"
Tom Hooper "The King's Speech"
David Fincher "The Social Network"

Last year Kathryn Bigelow became the first woman to with the DGA award, and this year looks to be just as exciting. My pick is the same pick I have been sticking with all year, and that is David Fincher. While I think that Tom Hooper could upset, simply based on the strength of the film, I feel that the DGA is the best group to truly recognize the "best", and this year it is Fincher par none. I've also heard through the grapevine the possibility of the DGA giving it to Nolan as a nice middle finger to the Academy. While it's a nice theory, it probably won't hold. This race is between Hooper and Fincher, and although predictins a BP/BD split is usually crazy, I think I see one brewing. Also, check back tonight/tomorrow for the VES winners, DGA winners, and SAG predictions. This is going to be a crazy weekend, but hopefull one that starts to sort out what has quickly transformed into a very interesting Oscar race.

No comments:

Post a Comment