Wednesday, January 22, 2020

2020 Grammy Predictions: Rock/Alternative

Best Rock Performance
Will Win - Gary Clark Jr. "This Land"
Could Win - Brittany Howard "History Repeats"
Should Win - Brittany Howard "History Repeats"
Commentary - Gary Clark Jr. has a lot of buzz this year, and has more total nominations (5) versus Brittany Howard's 3. I think that it is between those two, and don't discount Howard, who won a Grammy with Alabama Shakes. But this is Clark's to lose.

Best Rock Song
Will Win - Harmony Hall (Vampire Weekend)
Could Win - History Repeats (Brittany Howard) and This Land (Gary Clark Jr.)
Should Win - History Repeats (Brittany Howard)
Commentary - So in some ways, this is the same situation as performance, but this time you have Vampire Weekend, who got an Album of the Year nomination. I think they have a higher profile, and will take this one.

Best Rock Album
Will Win - The Cranberries "The End"
Could Win - Cage the Elephant "Social Cues"
Should Win - The Cranberries "The End"
Commentary - Cage the Elephant is the previous Grammy winner in this category, and is probably out front with many voters. I am betting on the nostalgia and the possibility of a posthumous honor and picking The Cranberries.

Best Alternative Music Album
Will Win - Bon Iver "I,I"
Could Win - Vampire Weekend "Father of the Bride"
Should Win - Vampire Weekend "Father of the Bride"
Commentary - Everyone is picking Vampire Weekend, who should win. But Bon Iver is a Grammy favorite, got a lot of surprise nominations. Both are nominated in Album of the Year, but Bon Iver also made it into Record of the Year. I just get the feeling that he is stronger than many thing.

1 comment:

  1. HOW I GOT MY EX HUSBAND BACK WITH THE HELP OF DR AGBAKA
    I will forever be indebted to the great Doctor Agbaka for fixing my broken marriage after my husband left me for his mistress for 6 months. I never believed in spells until my friend introduced me to him. At first, I was skeptical about him because I heard a lots about false spell casters but I put my doubts behind me for i was desperate to get my husband back and I did according to what he instructed me to do. Now my husband is back just within 48 hours of contacting him. I'm living happily with my husband again after 6 months of divorce and I will not rest till he's known all over the world. He's also specialize in money spells, lottery spells, sickness curing  E.T.C. Get connected with Doctor Agbaka now, his email is Agbakaspelltemple @ gmail. com or WhatsApp on +2349052647861... 

    ReplyDelete