Friday, September 7, 2018

2018 Emmy Predictions: Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series

Will Win - Peter Dinklage "Game of Thrones"

Could Win - David Harbour "Stranger Things" or Matt Smith "The Crown"

Should Win - David Harbour "Stranger Things"

Commentary - When this race started, it looked like David Harbour's to lose. Consensus just seemed to be building around him taking the prize. I still think he is a viable choice, but I feel the tide turning. First, Matt Smith gets nominated. He is not the most likable character on The Crown by any means, but he definitely has a prominent and memorable role this season. Then I started thinking, why? Why was David Harbour so inevitable? I think its because he had a great season, and folks just felt like it was going to be his turn at bat. But I know Emmy voters, and for every new choice they make, they also fall back to old habits. Peter Dinklage is practically a lead on Game of Thrones, he has won for this role before, and had a great season. I don't really have the same level of reasoning for anyone else. In a toss-up race that I am really perplexed with, I stick with the old favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment