Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Emmys Move to August/Monday Night

So the last time NBC hosted the Emmy Awards, they moved them back to August to avoid Monday Night Football. This year, they are once again moving it up to August 25th, the Creative Arts Awards on August. 16th. In case you were wondering, that means that the Emmys this year will be on a Monday night, now so that they don't interfere with Sunday Night Football. I try to maintain a certain amount of integrity, but this is just ridiculous. Monday nights used to host Oscars and Emmys, and I'm sure they were fine, but some people work Monday nights (Ok so I am being very biased here), and have to then work the rest of the week, and it seems like the worst idea ever. Of course I expect nothing less from NBC who has recently made questionable choices to say the least. Now that my rant is over, I do wonder if this will move up the nominations, or whether it will then shorten the voting period, which could change the results drastically. We'll just have to wait and see how everything shakes down, but for now, this is sure to spark much discussion, and will probably negatively impact the ratings.

No comments:

Post a Comment