1. Glenn Close "Damages"
2. Julianna Margulies "The Good Wife"
3. January Jones "Mad Men"
4. Mariska Hargitay "Law & Order: SVU"
5. Kyra Sedgwick "The Closer"
6. Melissa Leo "Treme"
7. Sally Field "Brothers & Sisters"
8. Holly Hunter "Saving Grace"
9. Anna Paquin "True Blood"
10. Lauren Graham "Parenthood"
Commentary: So the battle begins, seeing as this may be Glenn Close's last chance out, she just increased her chances. But not far behind her is the wonderful Julianna Margulies who may strike Emmy gold again with The Good Wife. Some of the usual suspects pop up here such as Sally Field, Kyra Sedgwick, Holly Hunter, and Mariska Hargitay, all of whom could see their numbers called agian. They will find some competition from some not-so newtimers who have yet to be nominated such as Anna Paquin and January Jones. Finally some new blood will be added to the cateogry with the incredible talents of Lauren Graham and Melissa Leo, my two personal faves who I hope get in.