Tuesday, September 3, 2024

2024 Emmy Predictions: Best Competition Series, Reality Host, Structured and Unstructured Reality Series

Best Competition Series
Will Win - RuPaul's Drag Race
Could Win - The Traitors
Should Win - The Traitors
Commentary - Can Drag Race continue its reign? History suggests in these categories it is best to stick with the previous winner until voters choose something new. I think if any series is ready to triumph it is The Traitors. I'm not betting on it, but I wont be surprised if it happens. 

Best Reality Host
Will Win - RuPaul Charles "RuPaul's Drag Race"
Could Win - Alan Cumming "The Traitors"
Should Win - Alan Cumming "The Traitors"
Commentary - I love RuPaul, but at this point, it is crossing into Daily Show/Last Week Tonight territory of over-rewarded. I think Cumming is a sly potential upset, but until RuPaul loses, I will predict him. 

Best Structured Reality Series
Will Win - Queer Eye
Could Win - Shark Tank
Should Win - Diners, Drive-Ins, & Dives
Commentary - I love me some triple D, and I am so ready for a new winner. But again, these voters continue to repeat themselves until one year, they switch to something new. With mostly static nominees, I think they go with Queer Eye again. 

Best Unstructured Reality Series
Will Win - Welcome to Wrexham
Could Win - Love on the Spectrum
Should Win - Welcome to Wrexham 
Commentary - The last two winners of this category returned. I am sticking with Wrexham to win back to back years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment