Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Jimmy Kimmel to Host 2018 Oscars

This afternoon, the Academy announced that Jimmy Kimmel would return to host the 2018 Oscars, the first host to do back to back gigs since Billy Crystal in the late 90's. After last year's late announcement, this gives the producers and Kimmel more time for the show. I actually was a bit mixed about him, although he did a lot better than some of the other recent hosts (poor Neil Patrick Harris should stick to the Tonys). Some of his bits, like that extended tour group fell flat, but I like the way he handled the awkward ending. Either way, Oscar news is Oscar news, which always makes me happy. For the record, I will graduate in December from my Master's program, which means that for (most) of this Oscar season, I will finally be back on track. All will soon be right with the world.

1 comment:

  1. I thought he did a fine job last year. Anyone not named Kevin Hart is fine with me, though.

    ReplyDelete