Friday, April 14, 2017

Star Wars: The Last Jedi Teaser Trailer

I think Rian Johnson is one of the finest young directors working today, from Brick to Looper, to his fantastic work on Breaking Bad, he has proven to be a visceral and emotional storyteller. That is why I am so excited that someone like him is tackling the Star Wars universe. I loved The Force Awakens, but it was definitely a bit too Disney, too fun, and played a little too close to the mythology. That being said, I understand what Abrams was trying to do. After the horrific prequels, he needed to reestablish the Star Wars universe to bring back the fans. Now that they have our attention, I think that Johnson can take Star Wars to a darker, more emotionally satisfying place. Luckily the first trailer looks awesome:

No comments:

Post a Comment