Tuesday, September 8, 2020

2020 Emmy Predictions: Best Supporting Actor and Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series

Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series
Will Win - Tony Shalhoub "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel"
Could Win - Dan Levy "Schitt's Creek"
Should Win - Tony Shalhoub "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel"
Commentary - Dan Levy could easily win, and I hope he does. I hope all four of the Schitt's Creek cast sweeps. But the Emmys rarely have those kind of sweeps, and he is up against Tony Shalhoub, who won last year, won the SAG again, and is beloved in this role, and in general by Emmy voters. I think Shalhoub wins again. 

Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series
Will Win - Alex Borstein "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" 
Could Win - Annie Murphy "Schitt's Creek" Or D'Arcy Carden "The Good Place" 
Should Win - Annie Murphy "Schitt's Creek" or Yvonne Orji "Insecure" or D'Arcy Carden "The Good Place"
Commentary - Alex Borstein is so good in Maisel, and I think she is so popular, she will be a third time winner. But I sense rebellion. Annie Murphy could win and should win for Schitt's Creek, I would love to see Yvonne Orji (don't think that one is a real possibility unfortunately), but I have also given a second look to D'Arcy Carden, a beloved favorite of mine, whose win would also be a great surprise. The Good Place is so well-liked, it feels like voters are going to reward it somewhere. My two guesses are here or writing. She is definitely a dark-horse contender. 

No comments:

Post a Comment