Sunday, January 19, 2020

2020 Grammy Predictions: Country

Best Country Solo Performance
Will Win - Tanya Tucker "Bring My Flowers Now"
Could Win - Blake Shelton "God's Country"
Should Win - Tanya Tucker "Bring My Flowers Now"
Commentary - Easily the best of the bunch, Tucker, after years in the music industry, is set to win her first Grammy Awards. This is the only country song to cross into the general field categories, and she has been getting nothing but rave reviews and positive buzz. I think she does very well next week.

Best Country Duo/Group Performance
Will Win - Dan + Shay "Speechless"
Could Win - Maren Morris feat. Brandi Carlile "Common"
Should Win - Maren Morris feat. Brandi Carlile "Common"
Commentary - The star power combination of Morris and Carlile might be strong enough to upset Dan + Shay, who won this category last year, and as we know, Grammy voters tend to let goodwill linger from year to year.

Best Country Song
Will Win - Bring My Flowers Now (Tanya Tucker)
Could Win - Speechless (Dan + Shay)
Should Win - Bring My Flowers Now (Tanya Tucker)
Commentary - See Country Solo Performance

Best Country Album
Will Win - Tanya Tucker "While I'm Livin'"
Could Win - Eric Church "Desperate Man"
Should Win - Tanya Tucker "While I'm Livin'"
Commentary - See Country Solo Performance

No comments:

Post a Comment