Will Win - Patrick Ball "The Pitt"
Could Win - Tom Pelphrey "Task" or Shawn Hatosy "The Pitt"
Should Win - Patrick Ball "The Pitt"
Commentary - Patrick Ball is fantastic in The Pitt, but he has a lot of internal competition, including from last year's Guest Actor winner Shawn Hatosy, who has been bumped up to supporting. That could leave an opening for Tom Pelphrey, who is so good in Task. If he wants to upset, he will have to overcome his show being snubbed in Best Drama Series.
Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series
Will Win - Katherine LaNasa "The Pitt"
Could Win - Karolina Wydra "Pluribus"
Should Win - LaNasa or Moafi
Commentary - Katherine LaNasa's Emmy win last year was so inspiring, and she really is the quiet yet fierce heart and soul of The Pitt. They love repeat winners, so I am sticking with her. But this year, with so many actresses nominated from The Pitt, watch out for Karolina Wydra to squeeze in an surprise.
Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series
Will Win - Stephen Root "Widow's Bay"
Could Win - Harrison Ford "Shrinking"
Should Win - Ford or Paul W. Downs "Hacks"
Commentary - Harrison Ford is a legend, he is great in Shrinking, and has never had enough awards recognition during his career. But if Jeff Hiller in the small (wonderful, by the way, this is not a slight) Somebody Somewhere can win over a living legend for a show nominated for Best Comedy Series, it might just not be meant to be. I would love to see Paul W. Downs win for his acting in Hacks, but I think this is Stephen Root's to lose as Widow's Bay surges at just the right time.
Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series
Will Win - Kate O'Flynn "Widow's Bay"
Could Win - Hannah Einbinder "Hacks"
Should Win - O'Flynn or Megan Stalter "Hacks"
Commentary - Voters clearly watched Widow's Bay, and if they did, Kate O'Flynn is the standout of the bunch. I think she wins as this show surges. Einbinder could repeat (and I would not be shocked if she did), but if voters are going Hacks, I would love to see a surprise win for the (FINALLY!) nominated Megan Stalter.
No comments:
Post a Comment