Wednesday, September 2, 2026

2026 Emmy Winner Predictions: Best Competition Program, Reality Host, Structured and Unstructured Reality Series

Best Competition Program
Will Win - The Traitors
Could Win - RuPaul's Drag Race or Survivor
Should Win - The Traitors
Commentary - These voters love repeat winners, and The Traitors is still a good show. But RuPaul could come back and win, and Survivor is on a bit of an Emmy revival lately. 

Best Reality Host
Will Win - Alan Cumming "The Traitors"
Could Win - Jeff Probst "Survivor" or RuPaul Charles "RuPaul's Drag Race"
Should Win - Kristen Kish "Top Chef"
Commentary - Expect Cumming to repeat here, but I would love to see a Kish win.

Best Structured Reality Series
Will Win - Antiques Roadshow
Could Win - Shark Tank or Queer Eye
Should Win - Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives
Commentary - I don't know what is going on with this category. I wasn't sure, so I started looking at other predictions/odds. Its a great method to get the juices flowing, and I particularly love good commentary. I have no idea why, but Antiques Roadshow is surging in the odds and predictions. I don't watch the show, so maybe it had a particularly enticing season. But you know what, I am going with the pack on this one. PS, my secret love is DDD, and I wish its turn would finally come. BTW, if it is a fluke with the Roadshow, look to previous winners Queer Eye or Shark Tank. 

Best Unstructured Reality Series
Will Win - Love on the Spectrum
Could Win - Welcome to Wrexham
Should Win - Welcome to Wrexham
Commentary - This one feels better. Expect either one of two past Emmy favorites to win here. My bet is on Love on the Spectrum. 

No comments:

Post a Comment